Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012

I missed all of 2011.  Didn't post a thing, and believe me there was a lot I could have posted.  But, rather than reviewing all that I missed, I'm just going to start now, at the beginning of a new year.  (OK, 10 days into the new year.)

Jim and I spent New Year's Eve in Oceanside again.  He loves that place!  Even though I would rather of stayed in Utah, I went and we actually did have a good time.  It was very relaxing and although I hate to admit it, it was exactly what I needed.  It gave me some time to think, reflect and plan for the upcoming year.  And I am off to a good start.  All my Christmas stuff is organized, labeled and put away.  My food storage room is cleaned and organized so I can see exactly what I have and what I need.  My jewelry box is organized - believe it or not it was a huge mess - and the hall closet is clean.  I'm ready to tackle something new!

I'm hoping to do a couple of things differently this year, one being to not stress out so much.  I have been so busy since way last September, just one huge project, meeting, event, party, or crisis, one right after another, that I felt like I was going to burst a blood vessel in my head.  I'm really going to try and take things a little easier in the new year and enjoy the ride a little more.  Jim gave me a book in my Christmas stocking, Don't Stress the Small Stuff...and it's All Small Stuff, that I am really enjoying reading.  It really puts a calmer, less stressful perspective on everything. 

I'd really like to get a handle on my depression, that would be great.  I don't know why I am so down...well maybe I do know a couple of reasons.  I feel like I spend every day on trivial things that don't really matter.  I feel like I am irrelevant and don't contribute much to anything, really.  I don't know why my compnay keeps me employed because they don't give me anything to do until the Fall.  I just show up and try to look busy most of the time and then end up leaving early because it is just against my principles to collect a paycheck while I just sit there.  (Although there are many there, who do!)  I'd like to find a passion that I can really get hooked on, something that I can't wait to get back to when I have to be away.  But, what that is, I have no idea. 

I miss living by my kids and grandbabies.  I think I would be a good grandma if I lived by them but, it is hard to do when we live so far away.  But, we do get to go there often so that part is good. 

I think that is enough rambling for now.  Maybe next time it won't be so general and superficial. 

I can't promise I will keep up the blog.  I'm not going to make a resolution about it or anything but, it would be nice to post things from time to time, just for my own record and maybe a few pictures the kids can take a look at. 

One last Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kami Satterlee said...

maybe living by us would make you more happier, I know it would make me happier:) and not because of a babysitter! Loveyou