Thursday, January 28, 2010

California Dreamin'


I flew into Long Beach tonight to spend the weekend with Jim, in our condo. I love the fact that when I walk off the plane I don't need a coat, I can see the stars and the full moon, and there are palm trees swaying in the breezes. Aaahhhhhh.... California. It's a nice place to visit.....but I wouldn't want to live here. Which makes me really sad...

for Jim. The poor guy is traveling all the time! I wish I knew what I could do to fix this situation, but I don't. Some people think I should move down here with him. Then I would have to quit my job and chances of finding another one - in California - are not good. Plus, selling the house in Utah would be a disaster. We would take a huge hit. And, living in this tiny condo would make me crazy after about a week!

We don't want to retire in California so I keep my job which pays for plane tickets back and forth from California to Utah, and it helps cover the cost of the condo. Jim's paycheck covers all of the other expenses that we have with two households. And...there goes all our money. Money I wish I had to remodel the kitchen or build a deck, or get new carpet with.

But, I am grateful that, for now, we have enough to cover all our expenses. That I have a job that pays me pretty well and still allows me to come to California often to spend a weekend with Jim.

Aaahhhh..... California.

1 comment:

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Its such a crummy situation! Hopefully soon you two will find a situation that works. I don't know how you do it? I would go crazy! Too much "Kelly" time is bad for the soul.