Monday, June 28, 2010

What to do.....


I used to love my job. I enjoyed planning meetings and company events, and working as an assistant in the marketing department. Lately however, my responsibilities have "shifted" as they have hired more and more people in the department. I no longer enjoy a lot of what they have me doing and work is not "fun" like it used to be.

We can manage on Jim's income alone, although we still have a condo in California we are paying for. The deal is, I am trying to decide if I should quit my job and stay home. I would enjoy getting caught up on projects around the house but I am afraid I would be bored after a couple of months, especially since Jim travels during the week.

The real crux of the matter is, "what do I really want to do when I grow up?" I don't know!! I have nothing that I am passionate about like, sewing, running, gardening, designing, scrapbooking, and that sort of stuff. I love to travel but that takes money and if I quit my job, there won't be any extra of that. I would love to redecorate my house but again.... money is the issue. We would have enough but not a lot of extra. Being with my grandkids is great no matter which way I go.

I could volunteer, write my children's books or do family history but, again, would I be bored after a month or two? But, is being bored at home worse than being bored at work? At work, at least I am being paid to be bored.... so I am back to square one!

Dang! Why can't I make a decision? It is my life, afterall.

2 comments:

Mary said...

All I can say is ask god.

Stephen & Kendra said...

Oh man, I am already thinking about what I want to be when I grow up and I have no idea either! I am not sure if I want to work when my kids get into school or if I want to stay home. I think you are so neat and I wish I was close with my mom like you are with Kami. She's lucky to have you.